Saturday, December 28, 2013

I'm Drinking. Alone.

Granted it's just a glass of prossecco, but alone. It really does lift my spirits and makes it easier to blog, and helps me forget that I weigh more now than I ever have in my life, (I eat...and now drink, my feelings.) I've had one of those days weeks. I'm missing friends and family and questioning God on why he has put me on this lonely path. Don't get me wrong, I have the best and most caring of friends, and fantastic internet friends, and I'm so grateful for Brewier, Megan and Oliver, and the close family unit that we are, but I miss drop by friends, running into someone I know at the grocery, or babysitting for Jessica or Melissa. And now we are moving again, and I don't know where because Aseville is a wasteland when it comes to housing. I've been searching for a house on every website there is, and have come up with nothng; Asheville is a hot and expensive market. Just for fun and comparrison I searched the Lexington, Ky craigslist for homes and BAM! Lots of options at a third of the price. Because of Brewiers profession, we really can live anywhere we want, so I'm wondering, should be adventerous and move somewhere new?

Something I love about Asheville, people showing up in the park to tightrope walk, barefoot, in 30 degree weather.

IMG_3949

5 comments:

Darlene Sherwood said...

A really big RV?

LindaSue said...

you haven't made deep attachments other than loving the house and place - perhaps another move is best choice? from all I read and hear - Lexington is a wonderful place - just wanting to stay in semi urban areas of the southeast? lots of wonderful places to be - I was thinking Tennessee sounds fabulous with the mountains and thriving folk culture

Vickie said...

I like Darlene's idea. That would be Chuck's idea of heaven. I think I would like it for a while at least. Tennessee has lots of places to live - a lot less expensive and no state tax. It's where Chuck wants to move to.

J said...

Or if you wanted to stay in NC I wonder if Greenville would be an option? Looks like a nice community, not that far away from where you are, and they have a Trader Joes!

Elizabeth said...

Tricia I really hope you find a good path ahead that will be a good choice your your family. Our area is just the same with renting. It is the only reason we have stayed in our current home. There isn't anywhere to go! So frustrating, and it can feel so endless when you are looking for the right place. Like I told you on Facebook, I will keep good thoughts and prayers for you.