Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas is Next Week!

I just realized that this morning. I've addressed my Christmas cards, but have yet to mail them, some gifts are bought but none are wrappped, and most importantly, I haven't baked any cookies. When we lived in FL, I'd start baking as soon as Thanksgiving was over, I think because I needed something to do in the 85 degree weather to make it feel Christmas-y. Now that I live in a state with actual seasons, Christmas has snuck up on me.
Yesterday I went to Mecheals, where all things Christmas were 70% off, so I bought 5 wreaths, for under $2 each, to hang along the stairs. I've been working on my Christmas dining table too.

IMG_0011

Over the weekend Brewier and I took Oliver to the Grove Arcade, to see the decorations and to visit Santa.

IMG_3800

Olivers reaction to Santa was as I expected. Santa was terrific though and softly sang, "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reinder," to him.

IMG_3803

Today we went to the Biltmore and walked through the first level of the house. It is beautifully decorated for Christmas, with multiple trees in every room, and I wanted so badly to take photos, but it is forbidden, though other people had no problem doing so. I'm such a rule follower and just the thought of snapping a photo makes my heart beat faster.

IMG_3851

2 comments:

LindaSue said...

I know what you mean - I'd probably give myself heart palpitations and sweaty feet if I tried to sneak pictures where pictures were forbidden! After all - some designers get paid to do those displays and I suppose imitation may be flattery but it doesn't pay one's bills!
Poor Oliver - and that is a handsome Santa - much better than the average.

Elizabeth said...

Love the table idea with the plates, very cute! When I'm told not to take pictures I respect it as well, especially in museums, because flashes can cause damage to paintings.
I haven't baked anything either, and my house is a flipping tornado right now, because I went for broke and finished all the Christmas shopping yesterday! Well sorta, I still need my sister and her family, but we won't see them until after Christmas so......that can wait right now.
That Santa is so adorable, and really fits the bill!!!