Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Please May I Have a Shot of Adrenaline?

For my blog, because it's putting even me to sleep...and maybe some seratonin for me, since according to my blood work, my body is absent of any. I thought about jazzing up the blog by posting pictures of the fashionable and interestingly dressed people that live in Asheville. I got really excited about the idea and thought about starting a whole new blog...and maybe I could even get advertising and make a little money with it. I even went so far as to buy the domain name, "Asheville Street Style." I was really surprised nobody had that domain name yet, until I noticed that I SPELLED STYLE WRONG. So yeah, that was a bust. Not to mention that as an introvert it isn't so easy for me to walk up to people and ask them if I can take their picture, and a lot of people give off the, "Leave me alone," vibe; that is unless you're Megan. Everybody is friendly and talkative to Megan. Me, I have achieved the superhero power of invisiblity.

So I took a break while writing this to read over blog posts from 2008 to see how my blog has changed over the past five years. Here is what I discovered. My life was richer. I had more to say then, was more energetic and had a more possitive outlook on life. My nephews visited me often and gave me a lot to blog about. I was thinner than I realized, and was still able to paint my tonails. I had friends and family that stopped by often to visit. I crafted, baked and entertained more. There is much that I do like about Florida and Orlando. Most of all, I'm happy I've kept a blog, because first and formost, it is for me. I'd really, really like one day to be able to have it printed , as my photos keep disappering off the blog.

Arranging a $1.99 bunch of flowers as a fun? It's time to up my game and whip this blog, (and myself,) back into shape.

I did get brave and asked this adorable young woman if I could take her picture; she looked so chic.

IMG_2828

3 comments:

LindaSue said...

she is quite adorable - and I had my old blog made into a book - wonderful to have the actual pages there and comments included.
Here is a quote I really like - nabbed from a dear friend's blog - in changed circumstances I search for the delicious ambiguity in what the Lord has brought into my life.
"Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity." ~ Gilda Radner ~n
Oh and I have a very low serotonin level and take medication - really really has helped me.

Brewier Welch said...

You have always been thinner than you thought.

Elizabeth said...

I think it only takes once to ask someone to take their picture, and then you get hooked. It's very addictive. Keep it up :)