Friday, November 15, 2013

It's Amazing How Warm 37 Degrees Feels.

The past couple of days have been pretty cold here; eighteen degrees with a steady brisk wind that blows right through our house...brrrr. We've spent most of our waking hours in the living room, huddle together on the sofa with all three of our space heaters aimed at us. We may have also gone through an entire can of coffee and box of tea.
Yesterday when I woke up, while it was still cold, the wind had stopped its howling and the sun was out in full force. Around lunchtime I braved opening the front door and stepped out onto the porch. It was practically summer like! So I came inside and checked the temperature. 37 degrees. I have acclimated. Oliver and I put on sweaters and took a walk to the park. The sky was incredibly blue, and the park surprisingly deserted except for us.

IMG_3512

IMG_3510

On our walk home we passed a neighbors tree that has Bittersweet growing up and around it. I have fought the urge all fall to sneak out after dark and cut down enough of it to make a wreath, it's so pretty.

IMG_3515

Today my goal is to get off the sofa and do something productive and not spend my day watching Hallmark Christmas movies. I may even leave the house!

No comments: