Wednesday, November 27, 2013

First Snow.

I woke up around 4:30 this morning to a howling wind, and took a peek outside. Things looked hazy, then I noticed that the grass looked funny. It took me a second to realize that it was snowing. By 7:30 things were completely white and I could restrain myself no longer, and went upstairs to awaken Megan and Oliver. Within the hour we were all bundled up, playing and throwing snowballs with a wind chill of 12 degrees. Oliver had a blast.

Yes, thats Megan outside in her pj's filming the snow.

IMG_3618

IMG_3621

After coming inside and warming up, I started on my pie baking extravaganza...with the help of Oliver.

IMG_3629

IMG_3630

I also made a batch of orange cinnamon rolls that are supposed to taste like the kind that come in a can. I love those things, but the canned ones make me so ill with all the chemicals and artificial stuff in them. I hope these from scratch ones taste like the real thing. We plan on eating them while watch the Macy's parade.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

This looks so pretty and cozy at the same time. On that day here is was so sunny and warm in San Francisco I was really questioning what month it was! I love the picture of Oliver playing in the snow, he looks so filled with joy!