Monday, November 18, 2013

Ah Ha Moment of the Day.

Pinecones

Olivers pinecones.

Much of the weekend was spent looking at houses, online and doing drive by-s...it had me worried, depressed and in a tizzy. It's not just a matter of finding a place to live, but a place where I, the environmentally sensitive canary can live. This morning I was about to start searching again, but remembered to first do my devotions, (Jesus Calling,) as spending time with the Lord really impacts how my attitude will be the rest of the day. The first verse listed in my devotional for today was Philippians 4:6, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God." Now, I know this verse; that page in my Bible is heavily worn, but I get so wrapped up in worries I forget so to do this!

Most of the day was spent doing Monday things, like laundry and cleaning. It was sunny and a fairly warm 60 degrees so went downtown for a bit to Mast General Store, and we took Oliver to the park.

Mast General

2 comments:

Vickie said...

The right verse at the right time is a gift.

LindaSue said...

so glad you were given the right words from the Word - you never thought you'd find the wonderful place you are in right now - another perfect place is being prepared for you right now - God really DOES take care of us - it is hard to remember that myself - being alone at my age just stinks but He knew it was going to happen and gave me the most incredible circle of friends!