Friday, October 11, 2013

The Princess and the Pea, and Goldilocks.

I'm sure you know the story. All of my life people have compared me to that princess. When is was pretty young, my family was staying at my grandparents house for a weekend. Come night time my mom put me to bed, but I couldn't fall aslep because it felt like there was sand in the sheets scratching me. I got out of bed and told my mother, and she came upstairs to investigate. There was no sand, but I remember her saying the sheets had polyester in them. I tossed and turned all night long, my skin hurting.
That's how I've come to own 3 new sofas in 6 short months. The first one we bought at a resale shop, and it ended up being too hard. The next sofa came from the Salvation Army, and it is too soft, hurting my back after a night of tv watching. Hopefully, this third sofa will be just right.

Sofa #1

IMG_2987

Sofa #3. This is as good as it gets until the slip cover dries.

IMG_2977

And yes, Brewier is a saint for puttig up with me.

3 comments:

LindaSue said...

I don't have your level of sensitivity but find some things I cannot abide next to my skin - and furniture is becoming more of an issue in that regard ('cause I sit on my broadening butt too much - well we don't go there)
I am finding leather furniture works well for me - can keep it cleaner but oy vey it is so much more costly!
well from what I've observed - Brewier is a pretty blessed man to have you in his life - just sayin'

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.