Thursday, October 10, 2013

Seriously Gorgeous.

The weather. The scenery. Oh my, the beauty abounds here. I know there are some of you, (hello Jane!) who love summer weather, but I come alive in the fall. Yesterday Brewier and I went to the Biltmore in the afternoon and walked to the Grove Park Inn, in the evening, both offering spectacular scenery, which sadly, my camera can't capture.

Biltmore

Biltmore

Boathouse

Asheville

While these photos don't show it, the leaves have really started changing. Deep reds, bright oranges and yellows. I'm one happy girl. If there is an upside to Brewier being unemployed, it's getting to go places and do these things with him.
Today we went to a local hospice thrift store that gets entire estates in and sells them. I wasn't going to go since its not in the budget to buy anything, but it's always fun to look, right? I should know better by now. We came home with a sofa. Yes, it's the third sofa we bought in the last 6 months...but it is a Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic sofa. Really well made with down wrapped cushions, plus its a sleeper sofa.
The slipcover, while not really my taste, is less offensive than the blue floral number we have now. And the sofa is so comfy. I plan on selling our previous two purchases on Craigslist this weekend, and posting pictures of our new sofa tomorrow.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I too feel more myself when fall rolls around. I have always disliked summer because I grew up in a town where it was a million degrees all summer, so those are my memories!
So when fall comes I'm a happy lady!!

Sorry to hear about Brewier being unemplyed, I sure hope it is temporary.