Wednesday, September 04, 2013

William Sonoma Makes Me Feel Normal.

We've lived in Asheville nearly 7 months, and in that time the only stores I've frequented are TJMaxx, Marshalls, and the indie shops downtown all of which are very boho, twenty-something oriented. Today Megan and I went to William Sonoma, which is a replica of the shop in Winter Park except the people working there are actually welcoming and happy to have you be in the store. One employee even walked up to us and offered to make us cappuccinos. After wandering there for nearly and hour, we then shopped at Chico's, JCrew, Barnes and Noble, and Charming Charlies. I saw people my own age, dressed how I like to dress, and shaped like me, (most women my age in Asheville are very slim, athletic and yoga-y.) I hadn't realized how lost and out of place I felt.

IMG_2491

Look how pretty the fall table is. I want my house to have the same ambiance as William Sonoma.

This was my table on Saturday, after our visit to the farmers market. Megan went a little pastry crazy.

IMG_2381

Megan, Jessica and me, at the Biltmore. Tomorrow I'll try and write about their visit.

IMG_2396

5 comments:

Jane said...

WHOA. Hawwwt.
You all look amaZING.

Vickie said...

I agree with Jane you do all look amazing!

LindaSue said...

I vote with the group - y'all look mahlvelous - and yes Williams Sonoma is an island of dreams to me - more so than Pottery Barn. I am NOT an IKEA person -
BTW - those pastries look like a good idea -

Elizabeth said...

Me too! You guys look so pretty :)

Loving that plate of pastries :) My husband worked for corporate Williams Sonoma, and I have so many things from there it is kind of scary...Hahahah. Some time I will have to tell you the story of our local Williams Sonoma and my little war with one of the employees!

Mrs. Cheerio said...

Stores like Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma and Pier 1 make me inadequate as home decorator, cook and really, a human being. LOL. I am not into home goods...yet. Maybe once I find my style? I like to call it 'boho' but that's just fancy for 'Goodwill.'