Monday, August 26, 2013

Our Heads were in the Clouds.

We had the most beautiful weather this weekend! Sunny skies, slightly breezy, and no rain! Saturday afternoon Megan, Oliver and I walked around downtown and not surprisingly ended up at L.A.B. for their delicious pretzels and beer.
Look! Sunshuine!

IMG_2256

IMG_2249

High atop the S&W building was someone painting. I love its art deco architecture.

IMG_2243

I spied this pillow in a shop window. Yes, its made of neckties! Anyone have donations for me so I can craft a pillow?

IMG_2244

IMG_2245

Brewier pressure washed our front walk; all this rain had turned it dark a slimy. Gross.

IMG_2254

I made kombucha, (thanks for the scoby, Darlene!) Yes, I know it looks like a placenta.

IMG_2294

Sunday Brewier and I went to Mt Mitchell. Unlike my brother Greg, who hiked up the mountain, we drove our car to the parking lot at the top then asthmatically walked about 2/10 of a mile to the observation deck. This is Brewier leaning on the sign trying to catch his breath.

IMG_2271

It is impossible to capture the beauty and vastness of the mountains.

IMG_2283

We were up so high that clouds kept passing through obscuring our view.

IMG_2276

I still can't believe I get to live in such a beautiful place.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Beautiful photos of the mountains. You are lucky you get to live in such a beautiful state. Thanks for sharing!

Vickie said...

that's where Chuck wants me to scatter his ashes