Monday, August 19, 2013

I'm in Mourning.

  Mark and Darlene left this morning to go back to Orlando. The weekend was great;  they understand my limitations and are okay with the fact that I can't go out and do much. Darlene sat and visited with me  the whole time  and we were discussing how perfect this house is for me, and how maybe the owners would change their mind about moving here, and we could stay. Not five minutes after that conversation, Brewier got an email from the owners saying that they were in town and would like to come by Monday and take some measurements of the rooms.  All my hopes of living here another year came crashing down. Not only that, but the owners just left and I found out they are gutting the kitchen before they move in. My favorite room in the house. Obliterated.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

:( Oh shoot, I was rooting for them not to come back for another year too! I can't believe they are going to gut that kitchen!!! Why I wonder, it looks really nice as it is.

Monica Ritchie said...

why would they do that to your gorgeous kitchen!!?? i was hoping they would decide not to move in after all that house IS so perfect for your family. well, there go my dreams of many years of visiting the Welch Inn.

LindaSue said...

sorry you are in mourning - it will all work out for the best you already know the area and can begin search for a place you can stay -- after couple of decades in real estate - I've realized one person's dream room is another person's project - no accounting for desires in house decor

LindaSue said...

sorry you are in mourning - it will all work out for the best you already know the area and can begin search for a place you can stay -- after couple of decades in real estate - I've realized one person's dream room is another person's project - no accounting for desires in house decor