Thursday, July 18, 2013

I'm Blaming Megan.

For my weight gain. She introduced me to these delectable treats. Normally I'm not much of a candy fan and have no trouble having it in the house. Not these.

IMG_1585

She gets them at Whole Foods and they call to me.  I have no self control what so ever which is why I rarely buy or make things that I like.  If I open a bottle of wine, I know I will be having a glass every night until its gone, unless its Prossecco, then I have two glasses a night, because we all know bubbles don't keep; and you know how I am with pie, cake and cookies. Hopeless.
So yes, all Megans fault.

Yesterday I was in a funk, (still am though not as bad,) so we took a trip to The Pink House. They buy things at auction and paint or repurpose them to sell...and they have great prices. I was there Saturday and nearly 50% of their inventory had been sold since then.

Oliver likes playing in the Scrabble letters while Meg looks at old postcards.

IMG_1652

Oliver and the owner, Sherry. He had so much fun he kept asking to go back there today.

IMG_1655

The whole house is full of treasure. The pink kitchen.

IMG_1653

The exterior is painted pink as well, but I forgot to take a picture of it, but I do have a picture of Oliver with a stick sword, slaying invisible dragons.

IMG_1656

I found this pretty handkerchief. How could I resist the color or the morning glory print?

IMG_1658

And who knows, maybe when Oliver wakes up from his nap we'll go back.

3 comments:

LindaSue said...

invisible dragons are my favorite kind. Those caramels (I have on good authority) are about to be banned by the AntiBigButt League (but not before I have just a feeewwwww more!) somehow sea salt and chocolate and caramel just rock my world.

Elizabeth said...

Yes, there is something about caramel, salt and chocolate isn't there?! :) I'm kinda blue myself today, as I helped Caitlin move to her new apartment yesterday, and today I'm left with a deconstructed room and no sweet Caitlin :(

Mrs. Cheerio said...

If those caramels are giving you a hard time, you can always send them my way! :)