Sunday, July 28, 2013

Gem Mining

When Jessica and Megan were little we took them to an actual mine to pan for gems. The place was in the middle of nowhere and there was nothing fancy about it; the buckets of dirt came from the property you were standing on. Today we took a short drive to Hendersonville to a place called Elijah Mountain Gem Mining and Antique Store. Our buckets of sand were filled with stones from all over the world, and we mined inside the store. Not exactly the experience we were going for, but still lots of fun.

IMG_1809

IMG_1812

IMG_1810

Yesterday Brewier and I went to a couple of garage sales and I found this BRAND NEW ipad case for fifty cents. I love it! It has a swivel on the back so I can stand my ipad vertical or horizontal.

IMG_1792

IMG_1793

IMG_1796

IMG_1795

In the late afternoon, afraid I might be missing something awesome, Brewier and I went to Bele Chere.
We found a free, close to the action parking space, and spent about 30 minutes at the festival before it started to rain. It was pretty much like every other festival I've been to, so no, I wasn't missing anything.

IMG_1791

I did see this pretty cool dress made from vintage doilies.

IMG_1789

We spent part of an evening running around the yard catching fireflies. Oliver loves to do this, though he won't touch them and instead points us in the direction of the bright bugs.

IMG_1783


3 comments:

Darlene Sherwood said...

I have the same brand iPad cover in the pink polka dot pattern (:

Vickie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vickie said...

Yes, I miss fireflies....and you. And I spelled fireflies wrong that's why I deleted that other post.