Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Random Fact Wednesday. I Like to Binge.

On television shows. Rarely do I watch tv on our tv set. I much prefer to find a show I like on Hulu or Netflix, then binge watch every episode available in a matter of days. This past weekend it was Call the Midwife; two seasons in four days. Last week it was Continuum; all of the first season and the first four episodes of the second. I know most people don't have the time to do that, but when I am forced to rest due to health issues, it makes sitting still much more enjoyable.
Last night Oliver had his first visit to the emergency room. Thankfully it was just for having up button lodged  in his nose. Last month he stuck a bead up one nostril which  I was able to see and extract. This time he snorted it very high up, so it wasn't visible and was causing him sneezing fits. Hopefully this is the last time he puts anything up there.

3 comments:

The Forecaster's Wife said...

Sounds like you need a VGA cable with built in stereo audio cable (they have them at best buy, you can walk in and ask someone). I use this to plug my laptop into my tv to watch hulu/netflix on a bigger screen...
(p.s. you're not the only binge show watcher...during a semester of school I finished the entire Frasier series while doing homework.)

Elizabeth said...

I was so mad that I missed the first season of Call the Midwife. Where did you catch up with that one, Netflix or Hulu?

LindaSue said...

ah yi yi yi - Oliver - one's nose may be for picking but not stuffing! Years ago I worked in an emergency room and was amazed at the variety as well as quantity a child could stuff up nasal opening! ::::shudder::::: I pay for internet time by the gigabyte so no watching my beloved Hulu or Amazon for catching up - have to rent dvds or buy them so not much I'm into seeing. I buy books to download to my kindle more than watch stuff. but it sounds fun - marathon series catching up time