Saturday, June 15, 2013

Insert Witty Title Here

Because all I have is a bunch of photos from the past couple of days.
Oliver has claimed all the pillows and cushions in the house as his. He pretends to be Buzz Lightyear and jumps from ottoman to sofa to pillows. For hours at a time. This is not an exaggeration.

IMG_1262

Yesterday afternoon, Megan took pity on me and my friendless house bound self, and suggested we go downtown and try eating out at Lab. (Lexington Ave. Brewery.) They have non smoking outdoor seating.

IMG_1251

One of the things I love about the restaurants here is they use local food, and make things from scratch, like these soft pretzels.

IMG_1255

Our beer flight. (The spent grains are fed to the cows on the restaurants farm.)

IMG_1253

This chicken sandwich had the best bacon I've ever tasted on it.

IMG_1256

While Megan and I were having our morning coffee, I discovered a hydrangea bush just on the other side of our porch.

IMG_1241

IMG_1242

So this weeks flowers are homegrown.

IMG_1243

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It is always a shock to me when I leave California, that there are still smoking sections in restaurants in some states. Here you cannot even remotely smoke near a restaurant. That sandwich looks divine :) Beer looks great as well!

LindaSue said...

poor friendless Tricia - you have raised a thoughtful friend/daughter and you are a woman after my own stomach - I mean heart! Girl those french fries just CALLED to me - I heard them
I believe Oliver is right - why go to one of those stupid child gyms when you have the best of all worlds in cushions and bouncy sofas/chairs!
Please wish your Brewier a Happy Father's Day for me -- he obviously has been a good one - look at his offspring and beautiful wife!