Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I Bought Another Sofa.

Brewier took me to Salvation Army today to look at a dining set, and jokingly pointed to the sofas and said, "Look at these beauties." So I did...and sat down on this floral number. The shape is exactly like our worn out 1988, Ethan Allen sofa, and as soon as I sat down I knew I wanted to buy it. I lifted a cushion and sure enough it's an Ethan Allen sofa. For $150. Because I can't buy new home furnishings, (too many chemicals and out gassing,) I've learned to look past tragic fabric, knowing that I can make slip covers.  Oliver loves it and all of its cushions too.



Brewier and I are thinking about getting this dining set. Not what I was really wanting, but affordable and it has possibilities.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It is really too bad you don't live near me, because in Berkeley they have many shops that cater to eco and non chemical containing furniture shops. I have a friend that bought berber carpeting for her stairs in Berkeley and it contains no creepy chemicals. The dining table looks a bit like ours. You guys have the exact same side board that we do, and our table matches :) Hand me down from my husbands grandfather.

LindaSue said...

dining table looks like a good basic piece - and I also like the shape of the sofa you picked - were I able to make slip covers I'd be in tall cotton with that one!
Just bought a new leather recliner today for my own small living room - facing knee replacement in next year or so and wanted a smaller chair I could sleep in if I needed to! I hate to try on clothes in stores but had a ball putting my hiney in 8 or 9 different leather chairs before I found one "just right" - I cannot imagine all the details of living with chemical sensitivity bless your heart - you find such style in adversity! amazing woman you are