Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mothers Day For Real.

It was more of a mothers day weekend. Saturday morning Brewier and I drove to KY for a visit with my mom and Dick. Megan and Oliver stayed in Asheville. It was kind of weird not having them with us, but the break from each other was nice. Our first stop when we reached Danville, was the farmers market for some homemade picked beets and maple syrup. It's still too early for the razzleberry jelly I love, but I was told it would be made later in the season. After saying our hellos to mom and Dick, we all went to Bluegrass pizza, our favorite place to eat.

IMG_0706

After lunch we stopped by my brothers house and Gavin showed us one of his chickens. All three of my brothers have chickens.

IMG_0709

After lunch the guys napped while mom and I went to the Liquor Barn. Along with wine and spirits, it has gourmet foods, cheeses and party supplies, as well as an entire wall of bourbon and a case of bourbon candies. I bought a tin of bourbon smoked sea salt, which smells great, but pretty much tastes like regular sea salt.

IMG_0719

IMG_0713

And that is where my picture taking stopped. I can't believe I only have a handfull of photos from the entire weekend. That evening my mom made me my favorite meal, (I believe it is also the favorite of my 3 brothers,) porcupine balls, mashed potatoes and corn. True comfort food.

Sunday we hung out at the house, then around 3 Brewier and I got in the car and headed home. A very subdued weekend, but nice :)

No comments: