Tuesday, April 09, 2013

The Goods.

Saturday morning Brewier and I found a couple of garage sales near our house. When I saw this beautiful vintage birdcage, I my heart went pitter patter...but it was kind of pricy. An hour later we drove back to the sale, and I offered $10 less than the asking price and the woman accepted it. While I bought it because I love it, I googled the manufacturer name, "Hendryx," and found out they are collectable.

IMG_0418

Sunday Megan Oliver and I went to an auction and waited nearly 3 hours for this piece to come up. They called it a pot rack, but it is an antique bottle drying rack. Bigger than I've been looking for, but I still love it. I may enjoy it for a while then put it in my Etsy shop.

IMG_0423

I had Oliver stand next to it to show you how big it is.

IMG_0425

Late this afternoon Oliver came running to me telling me there were colors on the floor. I thought spilled crayons, but it was actually a prism created by the sun shining through our water cooler.

IMG_0440

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Love the bird cage. Really bright rainbow it does look like chalk.

Cindi said...

love the rainbow photo...that is amazing. The bird cage is beautiful...you have wonderful taste.

I noticed on your vistor's log that I'm a visitor from Edinburgh..how neat is that! Not Canada this time...not Florida..someplace really international. :-)