Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Happy, Happy, Happy!

When Megan was a little girl she would walk around the house with a smile on her face, repeating that over and over, and now Oliver does the same thing. I felt like that yesterday after our excursion to Greenville S.C. to shop at Trader Joes, and Costco. What can I say, food makes me happy. I now have a fully stocked pantry that I visit throughout the day, just so I can look at all the goodies and imagine what I will make with it all. Our trip was almost derailed when I stuck my giant car key INTO MY EYE. I had my keys in my hand and was hurriedly putting on my sunglasses when, "Bam," straight into my eye and my eye socket. My eye was instantly bloodshot, but that didn't bother me as much as the right side of my face being numb and tingly. I guess I hit a nerve. I took a dose of Arnica and decided to continue on with our trip knowing that if we didn't go, I'd sit at home and obsess over my injury, imagining the worst possible things that could be wrong with it. I took a second dose of Arnica later in the day, and this morning there was no redness, the swelling was gone as well as the numbness. I love homeopathy,

Here is a picture of our happy guy, helping his Mama package stickers for the upcoming, "Big Love Fest."

IMG_0559

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good to know how effective Arnica is! I was told to take some when I had my hip replacement, but I truly had no idea that you had to ingest it in pill form, as I had only ever seen the gel in tubes! Silly me, I think it would have really helped.

Had to laugh because I would have done the same think if I stayed at home, instead of just going about my day!

I love how Oliver is helping his mom out :)

LindaSue said...

sweet description of Megan's (now Oliver's) positive attitude reinforcer -and like you - I enjoy seeing a full larder (great word we don't seem to use much now) and think of all the nice things I can prepare