Friday, March 22, 2013

So.Many.Boxes.

I didn't blog yesterday because by 7pm my hands were swollen and I could hardly move. I had spent the day breaking down and carting boxes out to the garage. We've been swimming in boxes, and our garage was overflowing with them and packing paper, so I put an ad in Craigslist, offering them for free. The last time I did that I had 3 people respond and take boxes, yesterday four more people came and took what they needed. I still have boxes. Brewier said he'd try to take care of them this weekend...maybe we can find a dumpster. Because my hands were so sore and chapped from working with the boxes, I decided to make myself some hand cream. Easy recipe; just shea butter, avocado oil and vitamin e.Healthy ingredients, yet I woke up this morning with my hands red, itchy and on fire. Seriously!? Who else does this happen too?

Today I spent most of the day playing with Oliver. I'm sad that he doesn't have any friends to play with, I know he misses his cousins.I don't have any pictures of the past two days, but here is a my pretty house. Doesn't it look like it belongs in a movie?

IMG_6166

2 comments:

Cindi said...

It reminds me of the house in Father of the Bride (the one with Steve Martin) I can just see the frozen swans on the lawn and Steve playing basketball with his soon to be married daughter.

So sorry about your hands, and, hopefully very soon Oliver will have some friends to play on 'his toy' with him.

Snowing and freezing here also...lots and lots of snow.

LindaSue said...

I echo @Cindi - love the look of this house and you are making it into a beautiful home for your family
shame about the hand lotion issue - what about straight mayonnaise? used to be good for hair - when I had long hair that occasionally was dry