Friday, March 15, 2013

I Must Be Adjusting.

It's 68 outside and I don't even need a sweater on. I even had my doors open for a few minutes . Oliver took advantage of this gorgeous day to play on his, "Toy." Even when when the wind chill is 9 degrees, he wants out on his toy for a few minutes, he loves it so.

IMG_6226

Megan searched Craigslist and found a single mom 2 blocks from our home, who was looking for a friend, and tonight Meg and Oliver are going to her house for an Irish themed potluck. I'm jealous. I looked over the Craigslist ads, but no one seems to want a 51 year old friend. I'm thinking of putting up an ad myself...Fragrance free friend wanted. It's hard to find people who understand and are willing to adjust their lives to be friends with me. I used to find friends at church, but that is one of the most heavily fragranced, and sadly the most least understanding places for me to be.

Now for my daily outfit. I put this top,( that I've had for about 8 years,) on and knew it was not a keeper.

IMG_6222

I took it off and put this other questionable top on. It's a bit better. I think one of the problems I'm having is that I'm not a pants person; they never fit me right. Yesterdays outfit was the most, "Me." I need to figure out how to find more of those so I don't end up living in that one dress, which I am prone to do.

IMG_6223

Be forewarned. There is a good chance you will be viewing my entire wardrobe.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I would hang out with you, and I would go fragrance free :) As I have gotten older, I really can't tolerate perfumes at all. On Valentines day a couple sat by us at the restaurant that we went to, heavily perfumed and I wanted to die! My head hurt in three seconds of them sitting near me. Luckily it was towards the end of the dinner for us or I would have asked to be moved.

I'm the opposite with pants. I have a super hard time with dresses and skirts because of the hourglass shape. Makes me laugh because you always hear in the media fashion world how they are trying to achieve that shape, yet they really don't make clothing for it!!

LindaSue said...

so a brown pencil skirt under that blue top? that'd look hot on you and absolutely right about the other top - I honestly like wearing skirts - I am quite heavy but it just feels more comfortable.
Good to find a friend - brave of Megan to use CraigsList - surely there is a social community of people who are fragrance sensitive?

LindaSue said...

http://www.invisibledisabilities.org/
have you ever checked out this group? just googling to find out if there is some logical way to connect - and I am SO sorry church didn't work for you -it is my main social source now