Saturday, March 23, 2013

Days Go By.

Days and weeks seem to fly by since we've moved. Probably because I'm able to get out and do things. Today Brewier and I walked to a nearby BBQ place to pick up lunch. The streets around our home are lined with towering hemlock trees.

IMG_0244

We went to Louellas. It was packed inside, and after eating our food I understand why. The BBQ was delicious and the green chile cheese grits were to die for. I could have made a meal out of just them.

IMG_0245

IMG_0247

Brewier had hinted that a chocolate cake would be nice to have this weekend, and who am I to argue. I have made this cake dozens of times. I am a very good baker and have been honing my skills for years. Never have I had a cake do this.

IMG_0249

I didn't rise or cook in the middle, it wouldn't come out of the pan because it was too wet. Argh! Brewier said he didn't care how it looked, so I took the cooked parts and put a thick layer of chocolate icing on. It tasted as good as ugly it looked.

1 comment:

Dr. Schoen and staff said...

Ummm. You're not below sea level anymore, could that something to do with it. I bet it stilled tasted yummy!