Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Home

I've lived in a lot of houses during my life, but never have I felt so instantly at home as I have in this house. Even though things are still in chaos, with boxes littering every room and belongings waiting to be put away, I feel at home. There has been no need to become familiar with the house, its floor plan or its noises, its as if I found where I belong.
Brewier says its because this house looks like all the photos I've ripped from magazines...he's right. I hope to post photos soon, but I at least want to have the boxes put away.
I can show you the carved newel post at the bottom of the stairs.

IMG_6101

Each side has a different carving. This one is my favorite.

IMG_6102

IMG_6100

IMG_6103

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Can't wait to see the rest.

Dorothy Figg said...

In 44 years of marriage(45 this summer) I have moved 24 times. I know it takes time to get everything in its place. Take your time and settle in. Looking forward to more pics of that beautiful house.