Sunday, January 20, 2013

Because Jane is a Good Friend.

Even if I haven't met her IRL. She is turning 52 this year. as am I, and has asked me to answer the same 52 questions she did.

1. Were you named after anyone?
Yes, my mom. Her name is Patricia Ann, I'm Patricia Lynne. She goes by Pat with her
friends and Patty by her family. I have always been Tricia. Do not call me anything
else.

2. When was the last time you cried?
Friday. I've been a bit melancholy lately.

3. Do you like your handwriting?
Not especially. It changes depending on chemical exposure. When I've been exposed to
my handwriting is nearly illegible.

4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
I usually eat Boars Head turkey...not that I love it or anything, but it's the least
mysterious.

5. Do you have kids?
Jessica and Megan, and a stepson Brett, whose wife is Meghan. And did I mention
Megan has Oliver and Meghan has Olive?

6. If you were another person would you be friends with you?
I kind of hate this type of question. I don't know that I would be friends with me.
I'm pretty quiet and boring...then there is the whole Jekyll and Hyde when I'm
exposed to allergens, (Right Monica?)

7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Who me? Never.

8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Nope. My bother Kenny and I had them out at the same time, back in the olden days
when ether was still used. Gross. I can still taste it 47 years later.

9. Would you bungee jump?
I think so...but I suck at hypothetical questions.

10. What is your favorite cereal?
I don't eat cereal. But if there is even a mention of a hurrican, I'll buy Pop Tarts.

11. Do you untie your shoes before you take them off?
Shoes? This is Florida.

12. Do you think you are strong?
Physically, I used to be very strong. I lifted weights 6 times a week and could out
lift some of the college guys who would go to the gym. Now, not so much. Mentally
and spiritually, I have strength.

13. What is your favorite ice cream.
I LOVE ice cream. My first job was working at a Baskin Robbins, and we had to sample all the flavors. Chocolate mint and coffee are my favorites. Sadly I'm
I'm unable to eat it any more, though when Megan was still nursing she made me
some awesome breast milk ice cream.

14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Age, weight, how they present themselves, countenance. Mostly countenance. Then when I get close enough, are they fragranced?

15. Red or pink?
Red.

16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself?
My chemical sensitivities. They change my personality and limit my life.

17. Who do you miss the most? Brewier. We've been living apart for over a year; and my friends in Orlando.

18.What is the technique you need to work on the most?
Self discipline.

19.What shoes are you wearing?
Florida, remember? It is a chilly 61 this morning so I pulled on a pair of striped socks.


20. What was the last thing you ate?
I had a pice of chocolate cake at 8am this morning. I really need to work on that self discipline.

21. What are you listening to right now?
Megan, Oliver, Estevan, Shrilee and Hannah, all getting ready to go out for breakfast.

22. If you were a crayon what color would you be?
Periwinkle.

23.Favorite smells?
Coffee, cool clean air.

24.How important are your political views to you?
I have opinions, most people know them, but It's not going to keep me from being friends with those of differing views.

25. Mountian hideaway or beach house?
Beach house in winter, Mountain hideaway in summer.

26.Favorite sport to watch?
Whatever Brewier is watching.

I'm only half way through these questions? Jane...just so you know, this is love.

27. Hair color?
Dark brown with bits of silver through it.

28. Eye color?
Hazel

29. Do you wear contacts?
No

30. Favorite food?
Potatoes, fixed just about anyway. Summer rolls, black beans and rice....cheese...I love food.

31. Scary movies, or happy endings?
I don't do scary.

32. Last movie you watched?
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

33. What color shirt are you wearing?
I'm in my blue pajamas.

34. Summer or winter?
In Florida, we only have one season. I like fall in Kentucky.

35. Favorite dessert?
The chocolate cake I just ate for breakfast.

36. Strength training or cardio?
Strength training.

37. Computer or television.
Computer, because I can watch television on it.

38. What book are you reading now?
I'm not. I keep checking them out of the library, but can't get into any of them. I don't think I've read a book since moving here in March.

39. What is on your mouse pad?
I don't have pets.

40. Favorite sound?
Silence.

41. Favorite genre of music?
I like and listen to most music...except country, and gospel. Cringe. Though come to think of it I did just purchase two songs on itunes from the tv show Nashville. Hmmm.

42. What is the farthest you've been from home? Which home? I've been to the Bahamas, which isn't that far from where I live but it is a different country.

43. Do you have a special talent?
I don't know. I just asked Brewier if I had a special talent and he wiggled his eyebrows at me. I don't think that counts.

44. Where were you born?
Indiana.

45.Where are you living now?
Wesley Chapel, Fl. For the next month anyway.

46. What color is your house?
Light yellow stucco with a clay tile roof. The landlord painted it right before we moved in.

47. What color is your car?
Dark grey with a blue undertone, when the sun hits it just right.

48. What date will you remember from 2012 and why?
2012....isn't that like 20 years from now?

49. What was the most challenging part of 2012?
My mom not talking to me, moving away from Orlando, having Brewier working in a different state.

50. What do you want to learn this year?
Every year I make a list of what I want to learn. Italian, how to play the guitar, yoga. Every year I don't do these things. *Self discipline*

51. What was the last thing you purchased?
a large McDonalds coffee, about an hour ago.

52. Do you like answering 52 questions?
It wasn't as bad as I thought. But I do wonder if anyone will really want to read them. Jane, I did enjoy reading yours. You're funny...I think we'd get along great in real life.











5 comments:

Jessica said...

I read the WHOLE thing!

Amy said...

I read the whole thing too and we're not even related!

Amy said...

And it's 8.19 PM!

Monica Ritchie said...

I read them. And as for the Jekyll and Hyde? Yep. I spent half of the ride from Tampa to Orlando thinking she was irritated with me and tired of my non stop questions about everything Floridian.it wasnt me, it was the chemical exposure.and as for quiet and boring...you may be quiet but i dont think you are boring, i think you are very interesting... as a case study.

Vickie said...

I read them!
I have been thinking about re-learning to play the guitar, something I haven't thought about in a long time.