Monday, December 03, 2012

Cue the violins.

Saturday I woke up feeling like someone had given me an IV during the night and my vein was irritated. I figured I must have slept on it funny. Sunday morning I woke up to my arm hurting and two red spots...again, looking and feeling like I had an IV. Today the pain woke me at 5am and my arm looking like this. I went to a walk in clinic and was told (after assuring the Dr that I haven't had blood work done recently, because he thought it look like phlebitis too,) that it's probably an insect bite, or I was abducted by aliens and underwent medical experiments. No, he said insect bite, the aliens are my theory. All I know is that it hurts and is continuing to grow in size and I've been sitting with heat on it and watching tv.

IMG_5628

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That looks like a reaction to a spider bit or some other little bug. Hope it goes away soon!

LindaSue said...

cellulitis around the bite area - danged painful too! my DH experienced a brown recluse bite years ago - glad you are keeping a close eye on the offending alien I mean spider attack