Friday, November 30, 2012

What Do You Mean It's Almost December?

It happens to me Every. Single. Year. I have plans to make Christmas gifts for everyone I know, host parties, get Christmas cards out and have an Etsy shop full of treasure that people want to buy. This has never happened. Before I know it December is here and I have nothing accomplished. I get so overwhelmed just thinking about it that I can't even figure out what to make for dinner, let alone do everything else. This has been a life long problem. I think about a project, get the supplies...and thats where it ends.
Which is why I am feeling so very accomplished right now. I have ordered Christmas cards...with our family photo on it. I've only been trying to do this for 30 years. Next big step - addressing and mailing them. I have decorated the tree in between asthma attacks, and have come to the realization that even if it sits outside, I'm too allergic to pine to have a real tree. I'm working on a list of Christmas cookies to make that are nut free, (have I mentioned I am now allergic to nuts, sheesh,) and making felt ornaments.

Have you ever seen the movie, The Bishops Wife? It's always been a favorite of mine, and I thought since I have colored lights on my tree, why not go all out and put up icicles and make it look like the one in that movie. I only need about a gazillion more icicles and David Niven.

IMG_0307

IMG_0326

IMG_0316

5 comments:

Dawn Schreiner said...

Your tree is lovely and has a perfect amount of tinsel. I own the Bishop's Wife and count that movie as one of my top 5 all time favorites. The top of the list is "You Can't Take It With You", which is a movie that, if nothing else, should make you feel better about all those things you haven't gotten done.

xo Dawn

Brewier Welch said...

I can't believe you put tinsel on the tree!

LindaSue said...

I love the tinsel on tree - it is far too hot and dry here to mess with a "real" tree - this year I'm pretty sure I'll do some artificial wreaths we've had for ages, a few lights around front porch and call it good. You are allergic to nuts - that is just sad. Hoping the move will relieve some of your allergies.

Elizabeth said...

I haven't seen tinsel since I was a kid! Where do you even get it? Your tree looks so nice! Too bad it is giving you such problems. :(

Elizabeth said...

Oh, meant to say also. I'm the same way with all the big ideas that will happen near or in December, but I find more and more only one idea comes to light. Even though I should be putting more things in my Etsy shop that would be more gift related, I have faltered!