Thursday, November 08, 2012

Breaking the Rules.

You know the ones; I've talked about them before. My Christmas rules are, that nothing pertaining to Christmas will happen before Thanksgiving has been celebrated. That all flew out the window today when we woke up to a brilliant blue sky and temperatures in the 40's. Highly unusual weather for us. Because the house was at a chilly 70 degrees inside, we made both coffee and tea, then settled on the sofa to watch Christmas movies and look at Christmas magazines. It has been delightful. I even hung a Christmas wreath above my bed. Oh yes I did.

IMG_5369

Megan gave it to me last year for my birthday. Both it and my pillows look really dark in the photo, but the wreath is very red and the pillows a velvet wine.

IMG_5367

Adding to the Christmas mood; my vintage leopard collar arrived today and it is devine. I've been wearing it around the house walking by mirrors and admiring it. How appropriate then, that the Sartorialist blogged about wearing fur collars this season. I am so on the cutting edge of fashion. :)

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Pretty! You rule breaker! I'm going to break some rules this year too because I'm hopefully going to Albuquerque (just me by myself) after Thanksgiving and want everything done before I leave!