Monday, October 15, 2012

The Debates - But I'm Not Getting Political.

Did you watch the V.P debates last week? They were held in Danville, KY, where my brother is Fire Marshall, and I graduated high school. I watched the Vice Presidential debates, not so much for political reasons, (I'm a third party girl,) but in hopes of catching a glance of my brother, Ken. He was with the secret service for a couple of nights. Here's a screen shot of his badge. We all think it is pretty cool.

ss

I miss Danville, and flirt with the idea of moving back there. I think nostalgia plays a big part in it, because as a teenager I hated being in a small town. Its the last place my parents and siblings all lived together, and I still know a couple of people there. It also has an awesome Goodwill. And the town is really picturesque.



I'm feeling very isolated these days. While I have lots of fun with Oliver, and am really thankful that Megan is living with us, I miss socializing with people, and being involved in community. Florida throws too many health challenges at me to have any kind of life outside my home.

Oliver has been really sick for the past couple of days taking l-o-n-g naps, so I was able to reupholster my leather ottoman and make a slipcover for it.

IMG_5053

I made two loaves of pumpkin bread yesterday, and have already eaten an entire loaf. It makes a very tasty breakfast...or lunch...or dinner.

IMG_5057

I'm going to put on my fat pants now.

1 comment:

Katie said...

So cool!

I have to be careful not to make pumpkin bread too often because I will eat it all!