Thursday, October 11, 2012

Am I Blue?

No, I'm beige and red. I've tried to bring some funky, hip, blue that I see all over Pintrest into my house.

IMG_4554

I can't stand it. It feels wrong. So I started going through my decor photo files to see what is really me.
I found 4 copies of this photo on my computer, plus I've pinned it. I love everything about it, down to the red stripe on the towel/placemat.

window-seat-house-beautiful-1

I like this sofa.

sofa

Looking at this picture makes me happy.

404796_10150616817615240_61334055239_11155743_1026494352_n

I'm jonesing for a ladder to hang from my ceiling.

ladder mobile copy

I'd love to have a painted floor like this.

painted floor

And baskets. I love square and rectangular baskets and have a couple of dozen. I get them very inexpensively at garage sales.

jcovingtonhome1763

I keep trying to break away from the neutral/red color palette, but its who I am.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I bought this really cool long lumbar pillow at a flea market with the vintage linen and red strip running though it. I tend to love that color combo as well. I really love linen colored things, mixed with white. I think we do have similar taste. :) I once stayed at this inn in Provence that I fell totally in love with the decor of. I snapped a photo of it, and would love to find pieces similar in it.
I have a blue throw that I bought at Restoration Hardware, that I had buyers remorse over, yet it fits in, so I kept it. But I know what you mean about blue.