Friday, September 21, 2012

Retro Friday - 1968, Pennsyvania

Not much has been going on here this week. Oliver got a cold last weekend, by Tuesday I had it, and yesterday Megan succumbed. Brewier finished his job in N.C. and is home for the next 10 days, then it is off to New Mexico. He will be there for the rest of the year.

I'm pretty sure this photo was taken in 1968, around the time my brother Roger, was born. I look at my hair and could weep. I hated that hair cut and thought, rightly so, that I looked like a boy.

kr55_1

I've dreamed of having glorious long locks my entire life, but my hair is baby fine and rather thin, (and getting more so as I age,) so I've always had shortish hair. I bought a long haired wig a few years ago but have yet to wear it, mostly because I have a very small head and the wig slides around a bit. I know this because I put it on for about 10 minutes once,to show Brewier. He didn't like it at all. My grandmother had a small head too, and told me she would put maxi pads around the inside of her hats so they would fit.
I am not doing that with the wig.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You know I feel your pain over your haircut, as I had the same one :( When I had it, I could swear I did feel like quite the Tom boy and could never fit in with my neighbor who always looked girlie girl, and would constantly remind me :(

Mrs. Cheerio said...

I understand bad haircuts, but I think it was really cute! I also really love short hair, so maybe that's it- but you're still fabulous!

Vickie said...

You've got to go to New Mexico if you can work it out somehow.

Vickie said...

oops... Chuck pointed out that Arizona and Utah were the states I really liked. But, we didn't have time to go see stuff in New Mexico. I heard Santa Fe is nice and artsy. Just going out west...you gotta go!