Saturday, August 18, 2012

I Went to Dade City...

And didn't take any pictures, which is a shame because its a cute little town with lots of antique shops and restaurants. I saw some nice things in the antique shops, but I'm used to paying garage sale prices so unless it's something I can't live without, I just look. Brewier and I did stop at a thrift store and I got this shadow box for $2.50.

IMG_4537

I removed the metal picture hangers from the back and then removed the back board and black paper.

IMG_4538

The dividers came apart making it very easy to clean them.

IMG_4539

The shadow box is 12x12, so a piece of scrapbook paper fit perfectly inside. Much prettier.

IMG_4540

What am I going to use this for you ask? Take a look at my top dresser drawer. One half panties, the other half this mess of bracelets, pins, rings and earrings.

IMG_4541

But now it looks like this!

IMG_4543

2 comments:

LindaSue said...

You are just too clever - wish you were here and could put some artistic sense to the STUFF I am finding in storage building as I complete the renovation of my little house. Ay yi yi yi - so much stuff!
I like that organizational find -

Vickie said...

Nice find and great storage idea!