Monday, July 09, 2012

I Have the Dirt.

When Jessica and Ray went on their anniversary trip to California, I sent with them little bags, a spoon, and a Sharpie, along with a request for sand and dirt from the places they visited. I have had the dream of visiting the west coast since I was a kid, and not knowing if that will ever happen, to me, having soil is the next best thing. I was very excited to be presented with these samples, (and a few smashed pennies,) when Ray and Jessica arrived home.

dirt

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I worked in Carmel for two years, and the sand is what I remember about the beaches there, and Pebble Beach. The ocean always looks so turquoise there too. The Napa dirt even looks so familiar to me.
It is great they got to go to Yosemite too, it is so gorgeous there! They did a very good job, and what a great idea :)

mrsmouthy said...

I love it!