Friday, June 29, 2012

Retro Friday

February 14, 1957, Evans City, Pa.

My mom and dad were high school sweethearts from the time they were 16. This was a Valentines Day dance and my mom wore a dress of light blue. My dad bought her the necklace and earrings she is wearing and they are the same color as her dress.

IMG_3696

My mom gave the set to me years ago, so I can show you how pretty the color is.

IMG_3790

Here's a photo from another dance they went to. I love the clothes; such glamourous high schoolers.

IMG_3686

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Aww, Such a sweet photo of them. I made my daughters prom dress from a 1952 dress pattern, so she kind of looks this way. I wish more girls would wear pretty dresses like this to their prom, instead of what I keep seeing.

You are a real combination of your parents. It is so fun to see genetics at play!

Mrs. Cheerio said...

So this is where you get your style!