Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Like a Pile of Snakes

Only pretty. This is my pile of vintage ties that currently resides next to my chair. I try to keep them out of Olivers sight, otherwise he dives into them and rolls around on them just like a dog on a dead animal.

IMG_3577

I've been working on my upcycled vintage tie scarves. Scarves. Its kind of a weird word. Scarves. Say it like a pirate.

W.I.P.

IMG_3574

I really enjoy sewing by hand.

IMG_3573

Yesterday Jessica and Sarah, along with all their kids came over to visit and swim. Sarah and her 3 children have been driving cross country to visit her husband who is currently working in south Florida. Brave woman. Sarah has a blog where she shares her vintage finds and crafty endeavors. She made this gorgeous bunting from a thrifted quilted jacket. I visit it daily in her Etsy shop and told her I want to purchase it as soon as she gets home.

il_fullxfull

I love having a house full of people.

IMG_3569

IMG_3568

No comments: