Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

I would tell my mom that but she has cut me out of her life. I've been debating whether or not I should put this on my blog, but because my mom was featured a lot here, I thought I owed an explanation as to her absence.
The day after my SURPRISE birthday party, back in December, she started posting things on my Facebook wall about how hurt she was that I didn't invite her to my party. Because they were less than kind,I deleted the posts so she called me to tell me how upset and hurt she was that she wasn't invited to the party. Over and over she kept saying this to me, while I kept telling her it was a surprise party, I didn't know about it and there wasn't any family there. I finally handed the phone over to Megan to see if she could get through to her (no such luck, my mom hung up on her,) and I went to my room sobbing, feeling attacked and the warm glow from my party gone. That was the last time we spoke. She immediately de-friended me, Jessica and Megan, on Facebook, and because I have a stat counter on my blog, I know she stopped reading it.

6 comments:

Megan Lee said...

Happy Mothers Day, Mom! Thank you for always showing us unconditional love :)

Linda said...

My sister hasn't spoken to me in three years. Family can really do a number on you. I just try to be kind to everyone. What else can you do-besides having friends who mean more than family.

Moo said...

I sorry Trisha. I don't have a relationship with my mom anymore either. She has never even seen Olive. I know it can be hard. (((HUGS)))

Elizabeth said...

So sorry to hear this. My mom did something similar to me, and I haven't spoken to her since 2002. Every time Mother's day roll around, I think about how petty my mom is being, and what fun we could have.

I know exactly how you are feeling. :(

Hope you had a happy mother's day despite this.

J said...

I am sorry, this has to be painful for you. I hope she will not waste any more precious time with this.

Connie (devotedmama) said...

I'm so sorry this is happening~my heart is breaking for you all. I know it's got to be tough considering how close you all were. I will keep you all in my prayers for God to restore your relationship. Prayers & hugs sent to you.