Saturday, January 14, 2012

Meyer Lemons

I have a beautiful Meyer lemon tree in my back yard that produces hundreds of huge, (orange-grapefruit sized,) lemons every year, and every year I say I'm going to make all kinds of tasty treats with them but I never do, because I'm so overweight from eating Christmas cookies. Knowing this is the last time I'll have lemons like this, I decided to start making all those goodies I have craved for so long. Today I made lemon curd, and lemon shortbread cookies, which are delicious by themselves, or smothered in the curd....and don't you think curd is kind of a gross word, especially for something so delicious?

I don't have pictures of any of these things, nor do I have pictures of Darlene and I sitting across from each other, both of us on our computers, or of Mark and Brewier sitting on the edge of their chairs watching Tim Tebow. Just picture in your head a really lovely day, and you've got it.

3 comments:

Mrs. Cheerio said...

Your posts always make me smile. :)

Also, I would love your recipe for the shortbread if you have time (sometime, I know you are crazy busy with stuff).

hilltopper said...

i LOVE lemon short bread!! yum

LindaSueBuhl said...

a curd by any other name is just as delicious - meyer lemon curd is close to palate pleasing perfection!