Sunday, October 02, 2011

Absolutely Giddy.


What a busy fun filled weekend it has been; having a normal life is wonderful! Friday night I went to a football game at my old high school and met up with my friend Sheila, her mom, and the mother of an old boyfriend. I had to leave at half time though because it was so cold out. Everyone there was in coats and all I had on was a t-shirt, khakis and a sweater.

FB1

Saturday morning we went to Perryville, the town I lived in for two years, for a parade.This is the town.

pwrryville

It was 41 out and Megan I froze, but Oliver stayed cozy and warm.

Parade oliver

I ran into some gals I graduated from high school with.

Parade friends

Usually I wander the town after the parade, but it was so cold we went home with plans to return in the afternoon. This weekend was the Battle of Perryville commemoration and there were all kinds of festivities. We returned to participate in a Worldwide Photo Walk.

The Chaplin River.

river walk

Megan getting the perfect shot.

I shoot people

The Elmwood Inn, where I worked when it was a restaurant.

Parade elmwood inn

This was our lunch. It was so good we went back for seconds.

lunch

This morning I was going to go get coffee, but my car was covered in a sheet of ice. I know, it looks like frost, but the ice was so thick I couldn't scrape it off.

ice

1 comment:

LindaSueBuhl said...

oh your lunch looks perfect! Fried foods really deserve to be the star of a meal you know! YIKES about the iced over car - we are celebrating finally being in the 80's most days!