Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Things You Should Know About Me.



I do not wear the color navy.
I do not wear patterns.
I walk Park Ave, but I don't shop it.
I do not pay full price for things.

Yesterday morning Megan and I went to Starbucks and walked the avenue while drinking our coffee.

parkave

Park Ave is much like being in a European village, with court yards and fountains and out of the way paths.

courtyard

courtyard2

Sadly my hair is the same color as my dress.

grey

Painting one of the courtyards and fountains.

painter

painter2

The Piazza Italia, which led us to ...

koi

IMG_0272

this dress. Megan decided to go in and try it on. She loved it, so I tried it on. I loved it, but it was $$$. I was wishing I could buy it, (plus the boutique was having a buy one get one half off sale,) when my phone rang, and it was Brewier. He asked what I was doing, so I told him. He said, "Buy the dress," so I did. And I bought the other one for Megan as an early birthday present!

the dress

You know what? It's a lot of fun to buy new clothes.

6 comments:

LindaSueBuhl said...

SO glad you didn't stick to your no navy no prints rule - 'cause that is a fabulous dress! Best thing about maturing - we figure out rulz don't rule - grace, love and the occasional full priced retail HOT dress! Love it - and Happy Birthday Early!

hilltopper said...

i love the dress!!
and i love it when husbands give us non hesitant approval to buy said dress (because Lord know we wont pay that much for a dress without a little shove from someone)

Elizabeth said...

That dress is adorable!! It will look great on you.

That one ladies hair do(with the purple shirt) is great.

Brewier said...

I was wondering what disease the woman had that made her hair fall out like that.

Mrs. Cheerio said...

It IS fun to buy new clothes!!! The dress is every bit as fabulous as the women who will be wearing it! I must make to Park Ave. someday, I must.

mrsmouthy said...

Everything in this post is just beautiful!