Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It Was Going to Be a Crying Day.


Do you ever wake up and know you are going to feel sad and cry all day? I do, and I knew I had to do something before I fell into that pit. I called Megan and she was free, so I drove and picked up her and Oliver and we went to Starbucks for coffee and oatmeal.

starbucks

After breakfast we walked to my other happy place, Pottery Barn. Our store occupies an old theater and is two stories; it has great light.
(Note to self; look for old ladders to hang lanterns from.)

pb1

pb2

Love these old windows...and don't I look perfectly at home sitting here while talking on the phone to Jessica?

pb3

Isn't this lovely? You never guess it was 100 degrees today, but it was.

park ave

After Pottery Barn we drove to Ikea. I was able to be in the building for 15 minutes before being overcome by the toxic fumes; just long enough to throw a 50 pound umbrella stand into my cart and hand my credit card over to Megan, so she could check out for me.
From there we went to Target, where I walked in, instantly lost my voice, and walked back out. I think they had just waxed the floors. no longer willing to cheat death, we
headed home for a fun afternoon of playing with Oliver.

5 comments:

Linda said...

I really do miss the Pottery Barn, and Target too.

hilltopper said...

oooohhhh, pottery barn.....
i LOVE the lanterns hanging from the ladder!

Vickie said...

I love the ladder idea! I missed our Christmas visit there.

aluminiumgirl said...

Hi there,
I mostly readJessica's blog but often jump over for a bit of a browse here, and I just wanted to say that your Starbucks outings make me wistful for North America! Where I live (in Newcastle, NSW Australia) we used to have two Starbucks (only two!) but in recent years they both closed down. Can you imagine?! It's terrible. Oh, and to add insult to injury - we don't have ANY pottery Barns! :)

Erin said...

My sister works at that PB :)