Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Fabulous Weekend.



Saturday morning we went to the Baldwin Park porch sales. It was crazy crowded, but we were able to find a few things. My favorite purchase, a Franklin Covey red leather computer bag. $5.

red case

We've been having glorious weather here and it was cool enough to eat dinner on the lanai. Cashew chicken from Thai House and Pacific Rim Riesling. SO. Good. Seriousy, the best meal I've had in ages.

Saturday night dinner

This morning we got up and headed to the beach. This time we decided togo just south of Cocoa to the beach at Patrick Air Force Base; it's where we always went to when Jessica and Megan were little. We loved how the planes would fly over us so low that it felt like we could touch them. It would always inspire us to go home and watch Top Gun, (while we at El Pollo Loco. I miss that restaurant.)

hanger beach

stud

I still can't get over how Ron Jon's has changed. A Ron Jon t-shirt was de rigueur for every high school student back in the 80's, and the store wasn't much more than a shack. I guess those t-shirt sales paid off because look at it now!

ron jon

1 comment:

Jolie said...

Ah these photos just brought back memories. I grew up there next to Cocoa, actually I was born in Rockledge right next to Cocoa. Yes I remember sporting those Ron Jon tshirts when I was in school in the 80's, too. And wearing Lightning Bolt, Ocean Pacific, those were the days. Rumor even has it that my grandpa designed the Ron Jon logo. He was a graphic artist and sign painter, very artistic. I don't know if the rumor is true or not, but my mom grew up there in Cocoa and in Merritt Island.