Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's a Grey Day.


Not just the weather, but on television too; I thought the two went together.
Cooking for one isn't always fun, so I often eat less than balanced meals. Peanut butter on a spoon and a pound of roasted veggies, popcorn and peanut butter on a spoon, toast and peanut butter, (Yeah, I eat way too much peanut butter which is why I'm like 15lbs over weight.) Today's weather inspired me to make Mushroom Bourguignon I've always loved beef bourguion; if you've never made it, give it a try, though to make it right can be costly and is very time consuming, but oh so delicious. The mushroom version was...ok. I would have liked a little more depth of flavor, (I think I was missing the cognac in the dish,) and if I try this again I'll probably tweak it to my liking. It was still good enough that I ate two big servings of.

IMG_4715

IMG_4721


I've also been enjoying these two things daily. I still say that beverages taste better when I drink from this mug.

IMG_4729

As I drank my coffee and ate my chocolate I made some nursing pads for Megan. (Tutorial on OhSoCrafty.) I'm sure the chocolate has nothing to do with my weight gain.

IMG_4742

3 comments:

hilltopper said...

i had to laugh at you posting about nursing pads (complete with picture) and eating peanut butter off of a spoon.

a peek into your glamorous life.

Alisa said...

I love the mug! I can tell that coffee would taste better in it. Where do I find one?

Tricia said...

Alisa, It's a Starbucks mug from a couple of years ago. Ebay maybe?