Tuesday, January 04, 2011

More On, If I Ruled the World.



This book came out a couple of years ago and it seemed everyone out in blogland was reading it. My library didn't have it so it remained a mystery to me. Last month a friend was reading it and sent me a message saying how she was reminded of me as she read it. I checked and my library still didn't have it :( I was delighted to open one of my Christmas presents from Brewier and find this book.

Photobucket

The Gentle Art of Domesticity: Stitching, Baking, Nature, Art & the Comforts of Home

I opened the book to somewhere in the middle, and was greeted with a picture of the authors foot; toe nails painted red, wearing Birkenstock s. I immediately started reading and thought, "This could be me writing!"

2 comments:

Amy said...

At my library there are request forms so we can make sure our collection is responsive to our community :) Did you ask your library to buy it for you?

hilltopper said...

i love your if i ruled the world...
it would be such a comfy place