Saturday, January 01, 2011

List Making.


Are you a list maker? So many blogs that I read, (and yes, I do read a lot,) talk about making lists for the new year, and how much they love their list making task. I've never been a list maker. I tried once in high school, but didn't even know how. What should my list be about? What should I put on it?
As I've gotten older, I utilize list making more. A list for groceries, a honey do list, and well...that's about it. I think the lack of list making and the fact I've never been a goal setter might go hand in hand.
I've always hated the question, "Where do you see yourself in ten years?" I have no idea how to answer that. I'm pretty sure it comes from moving every couple of years while growing up. I learned pretty quick that making plans, for the future was pointless, because they would never come to fruition, so why even bother?
As this new year begins, I'm really trying to think of what I'd like to accomplish in the coming year. What can I put on my list? So many of the things I want to put on it are physically impossible for me to do.
  1. go to church every Sunday
  2. get into a Bible study
  3. go back to school, or get a job
  4. work in my yard
  5. walk everyday
  6. paint my house
  7. travel

See how easily I am defeated?
Here is my amended list.
  1. Blog daily
  2. Spend time in Gods word every day.
  3. Find a way to make money.
  4. Sell our house and find a healthier area to live in.
  5. Exercise daily.
  6. Plan meals.

These things are doable.

December 30, sunrise.

IMG_4436

4 comments:

hilltopper said...

boo on lists!!

i also have never been a goal setter, when they talked in high school about acedemic goals my mind went blank and confusion set in. goals? i just wanted to pass every class.

even a simple grocery list often gets left behind on the counter or in the car (hence 5 trips per week to walmart)

i have no list, can i borrow yours?

Elizabeth said...

I'm just like you! I hate lists, and even when I write them, for the grocery store lets say, I lose it before I even get to the store. I then start to buy all the things and challenge myself to remember what I wrote on the list. I usually get everything on it. I really hate the "Where do you see yourself in X years questions."
I think you just need to live your life the fullest you can everyday!

Happy new year Tricia :)

Oh, and my husband got my lap top holder from
Levenger. They have a great web page.

imjustthinking said...

I think it's a great list. Very do-able :)

Brewier said...

Yeah, Tricia almost always forgets her grocery list.