Saturday, January 15, 2011

I Lied.


Remember how I said last month that I would never ever have another garage sale? Well, I need to have a sale. You see, when ever I'm getting ready to have a garage sale I always tell my friends and family to bring their stuff over because the more you have, the better the sale. Because my garage was so full of everyone's things, I missed putting out my wares and I still have goodies packed away on shelves and in cabinets. Lots of vintage dishes, and home items. I could put them in my Etsy shop, (which is in desperate need of updating,) but I just want to be rid of the stuff. My idea is to take pictures and put them on a garage sale blog along with what I'm asking and if you are interested in buying you can email me. What do you think? Anyone out there interested in my stuff or should I just have a regular sale? Another idea is to pull out all my stuff and set it up in my house and have a day where friends and their friends can come over and buy..a private sale...with coffee and donuts! Anyone??
Brewier and I went out to garage sales today; its been over a month since we've done that. I'm always saying we shouldn't go because I'm trying to get rid of stuff, but its our date and we do find things we actually need. Today Brewier was able to get a piece of luggage he was needing for just $15, and I bought 4 vintage cordial/martini glasses that I absolutely didn't need but feel in love with....which is why I need to have another garage sale.

3 comments:

hilltopper said...

you could pay someone to post it on your etsy shop.

surely you have a young friend who would be interested in making a little money for helping you on your etsy shop.

i do like the private sale idea though, id be down with that if i lived in your area.

Jessica said...

Private sale! I love that idea!

Erin said...

I love the garage sale blog idea :)