Thursday, December 09, 2010

Disco Inferno.


Yesterday was to be cookie baking day. While my ovens thermostat has been broken for over 6 months now, I've managed to do some baking by constantly opening and shutting the oven door. Yesterday my oven decided that no matter what I set the thermostat at, it would operate at 475. I was baking shortbread type cookies, all which called for a temperature of 325. Try as I might, I couldn't regulate the oven with my usual maneuvers and I ended up with three sheets of burned cookies. Grrrr.
My bad mood was saved by a visit from Lisa, who I hadn't seen in nearly...a year?! Melissa and the boys stopped by in the afternoon, and Sarah came by after work for an impromptu slumber party.
Today I've been working on decorations for Megan's baby shower on Saturday, and catching up on laundry. Today is the first day it's been warm enough to go out in my garage, where the washer and dryer are located. Because I've been busy around the house, I never got dressed. I see now that it is 4pm which means the sun will be setting in an hour, so why bother getting dressed, right?

1 comment:

GREG PFLUG said...

daily observations?