Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's Not As Easy As It Looks.


I often get complimented on what I wear, and I've learned to accept the compliment and say thank you. But I'm never able to stop there. If you've ever complimented me on something you know what I'm talking about. After I say thank you, I will inform you on how much I paid for what I'm wearing. I just can't help myself because I find the most awesome deals; especially for as little as I shop. I've decided to document what I wear and how much I paid for it on my blog, because I have no shame. I've got to tell you though, it's not easy photographing yourself.

Photobucket

Especially in a dusty mirror.

Photobucket

While trying to keep the giant camera strap out of the picture.

And still show off the cute detail on the sleeve.

Photobucket


Dress - $8.24 at Target. It was a woman size 1, but I brought it home anyway and
shrunk it. Its super soft cotton and I love it.
Belt - $1 garage sale. Wide woven leather, and exactly what I wanted for this dress.
Shoes - $2 garage sale. They fit perfectly and I've worn them a lot these past few months. They seem to go with everything.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Ha! I've been trying to work on just accepting the compliment without explanation but it's very difficult (learned!) habit to break.

c.g. said...

I'm so JEALOUS...GREEN with ENVY...
not over the dress or the price (which are both great!) but...over your legs! Do legs like that 'run' (no pun intended :-) in your family?
If so....I NEED to be adopted now!

Jessica said...

Yes, those legs run in the family - you should see my 70-year-old grandmother, still has amazing legs! My legs are nowhere near as nice as my moms but even as a teenager I would get compliments on them.

c.g. said...

Jessica...Thank your blessed 'gene stars'! You all could do 3 generation modeling. Grandmother, mom and daughter.

Elizabeth said...

What a cute outfit! I can see why you get compliments on your outfits, I've seen a few that are in here that I would like :)
I tend to do the same thing when someone compliments me on something I'm wearing, I end up giving them too much details :)