Tuesday, October 12, 2010

And Today it Hit.


I thought I was fine. But when I returned home this morning from a trip through McDonalds drive through for a cup of coffee, I walked in the door and burst into tears. Sobbing, chest crushing , having trouble breathing tears. Within the past week, my grandfather died, my grandmother,( who was handling his death pretty well,) in a nursing home, recuperating from a surgery and about to go home; was being wheeled down a ramp when the nurses aid hit a bump and dumped my grandma. She now is in the hospital in a great deal of pain and has a broken eye socket, nose and I forget what else. Both those things are bad, but what has effected me more is the death of A man who is an elder at Jessicas church. Younger than me, he has been in constant pain for a long time, with his bones fusing together making it difficult for him to move.. Despite this, every time I saw him he had a warm smile and a pleasant word. He suffered a brain hemorrhage a few days ago and died this morning. While joyful for him because he is now with his Savior and no longer in pain, I'm so sad for his wife and children, and the chapel family, at the loss of this Godly man.

4 comments:

HopiQ said...

Oh, Tricia! I am so sorry...I am praying that the Lord would wrap His arms of comfort around you and all those you are hurting for.

hilltopper said...

Whoa, thats alot of crappy stuff in one week. I love you and we will be praying for you, the family and your Grandma.

c.g. said...

So sorry about your grandparents and the elder at Jessica's church and his family. Praying for each of you.

"You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book." Psalm 56:8

May the Lord comfort each of you.

Linda said...

So hard to lose loved ones. How awful about your grandmother falling out of the wheelchair. I've never heard of that happening before. It's bad enough for the elderly just trying not to fall by themselves. Sending you positive and loving thoughts.