Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vacation!

Not mine, but Sarah's; which makes it kind of like mine because we get to hang out, watch tv, read style magazines, talk decorating, and eat...lots of that going on. I spent yesterday at her house and while there she had to leave and take Ethan to an emergency dental appointment, (He's fine but had a mysterious toothache.) In my purse was my junky camera with its dying battery, so I walked around and took pictures of Sarah's 1100 sq ft house. I love her home and would happily live in a duplicate of it.
When you walk in the front door this is what you see.

Photobucket

To your right is her living room and dining room. Thats where we'll head.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Behind the vintage lust worthy card catalog, Sarah has carved out a space for all her creative endeavors. It is usually much neater that this but she had been cleaning out Johns office and all the overflow got pushed here.

Photobucket

Johns office is opposite Sarah's space through, the door.

Photobucket

Here you can see his office door and to the right of that is the laundry room. Sarah was doing laundry and hangs her dresses along this ledge to drip dry.

Photobucket

The laundry room is also her dressing room and the dresser acts as a dividing wall betwen the two areas.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Looking back towards the family room you can see her curtained off closet.

Photobucket

We share a love of shoes.

Photobucket

The least used room in the house. Sarah said I could say that.

Photobucket

Walking past the kitchen you enter a hallway. Sarah made the collage and it is gorgeous. One day I'll take a good photo of it to show you.

Photobucket

To the left of the bookcase is Ethan's room.

Photobucket

And to the right is John and Sarah's room.

Photobucket

The only bathrroom is off the hallway too. It has an awesome heated toilet seat.

Photobucket

The view leaving the master bedroom.

Photobucket

Walking back to the main living area you can see the front door.

Photobucket

And that is the grand tour of Sarah's beautiful, little home.

5 comments:

hilltopper said...

love it! and she and i have the same brown living room walls with white trimand i am now considering painting the inside of the door a nice shade, something other than the white it is now.

thanks Sara, for letting Tricia show us around

Vickie said...

very nice. I didn't know she did paintings and is an artist. Her work looks interesting.

Linda said...

It is a great house and what a good housekeeper she is. When I walk into my daughters in law's homes I am usually appalled. They are really great people but keeping their homes clean is not even on their list of things to do.

Jessica said...

I still love Sarah's house! I also love that her least used room is our most used room.

@Linda - you give me even more reason to keep my house clean. It doesn't matter that I've been married 8 years, I still try to make sure it's clean & tidy when my in-laws come over, wouldn't want them to think I'm a poor housekeeper.

Mireio said...

I love that wallpaper in the laundry/dressing area. Gorgeous!!