Saturday, September 25, 2010

Time to Say Goodbye.

Although we've lived in our current house for 8 years, I've continued to have an emotional attachment to our previous home. Jessica and Megan grew up there and while the house itself is nothing special the memories of living in it are. I got choked up every time we would drive by to check it out.
Today instead of going our usual garage sale route, we headed toward the direction of our old neighborhood, because one of the few sales listed was in that area. We found the sale and I was glad we went because I bought Kate and Addison's birthday present there. As we left that sale we noticed a sign for a sale in our old neighborhood and decided to check it out. It was our old house. We've had random contact with the new owners through he years, and as we got out of our car they recognized us and came up and told us they were selling the house and moving to Colorado. We chatted for a while and they asked if we'd like to go in and look at the house. Of course I said yes, and I'm so glad I did, because while it was our old house, it looked and felt completely different. I think I can say goodbye to it now.

No comments: