Sunday, August 22, 2010

Why I Will Never Own Anything But a Mac.



A few months ago I noticed a slight flicker on my screen. The flicker would come and go so I didn't do anything about it. Then one week before my Apple Care was to expire my screen would not only randomly flicker, but would flash off and do other weird things, so I called Apple Care and sent my computer in to be fixed. Shortly after getting my computer back the problem started again. By now my Apple Care had expired, but because this was a problem I had while under the insurance plan, they repaired my computer again. The repair seemed successful until a few weeks later when, yes again I had to send it in to be repaired. I got my computer back in great working order, until a week later when the flashing started up. Third times a charm right? So off my computer went to once again be fixed, and once again it worked great for a couple of weeks until Friday afternoon when I noticed a flicker. I called Apple Care and as soon as the tech heard I'd already had my computer repaired three times, he transferred me to his boss, who apologized for the computer trouble I was having and asked if instead of trying to repair my MacBook, would it be ok if they sent me a brand new one.
So next week my three year old laptop will be replaced with a brand new one; and yes I will be purchasing the Apple Care plan for it.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Sweet!

Anyone Out There said...

That is amazing I am going to have to rethink pc and look at apple

hilltopper said...

right on!!! thats so awesome! yeah, like youre going to say, "no, i dont want a free brand new computer!"

mrsmouthy said...

I must now burn this post so my husband doesn't see it.

Devoted Mama said...

That's awesome!!!!

GREG PFLUG said...

Howdy Tricia, Lake superior has nice beaches, no pollen, no cities, and the hottest its been here all week was 70. This morning it was 44 degrees and sunny. Just don't jump in the lake, never goes above 40. Love you and see you in October.